Data Protection and Privacy (GDPR)
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
On the 25th May 2018 the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will be applicable and the current Data Protection Act (DPA) will be updated by a new Act giving effect to its provisions. Before that time the DPA will continue to apply.
Benenden CEP School complies with the GDPR and is registered as a ‘Data Controller’ with the Information Commissioner’s Office. This means that the School may collect and process information about individuals, for reasons including providing teaching services, adhering to government legislation and contacting parents/carers when required.
We ensure that your personal data is processed fairly and lawfully, is accurate, is kept secure and is retained for no longer than is necessary. Personal data is information that can be used to identify an individual. It is not shared with anybody else without an individual's knowledge, unless the School is required by law to do so. An example of this is providing the government with school census information. More information on personal data is on the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) website.
- Our Data Protection and Information Security Policy details how we adhere to individuals' legal rights.
- Our Privacy Notices include information on how and why personal data is used for different Data Subjects.
- Our Pupil Images Policy details how we manage the consent for, and use of, images.
Click below to read more.
- Data in Transit Policy 1010 Primary Federation July 2022
- Data Protection and Information Security Policy 1010 Primary Federation
- GDPR Governors and Volunteers-Privacy-Notice September 2021 Benenden CEPS
- GDPR Job-Applicants-Privacy-Notice June 2020 Benenden CEPS 002
- GDPR School-Workforce-Privacy-Notice September 2021 Benenden CEPS
- GDPR-Privacy-Notice-for-Schools Pupils Parents Carers October 2020 Benenden CEPS
- Special Category Data Policy 1010 Primary Federation July 2022
- Subject Access Request Form Benenden CEP School